Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cheers to Wanda

Wanda is my mom... she owns Hallmark stores in the Athens, GA area. We're a card sending family - always have been (even before the stores). I recently sent a birthday card to one of my friends' husbands and he was a little confused/concerned. But my friend explained it to him by saying, "that's Lindsey". I enjoy sending cards and spending the time reading them and picking them out. It's my way of making the world a better place.

I stumbled across this cartoon on the internet. I definitely recognize the commercial aspect of certain holidays... I don't think it's a horrible thing (it's kind of far down on the list of evil) but I can laugh at the mockery of it. Like an attorney who finds lawyer jokes funny. It's self-depricating humor which is always healthy.

So enjoy. It's funny. Well at least, it made me laugh.

No comments: