Friday, May 9, 2008

29 and Counting...

Wednesday was my birthday - kind of an uneventful day, I worked and went to dinner with friends... Mexican, my choice! A BIG Texas margarita to end the day was perfect! I turned 29.
I'm in the victory lap of my twenties as a friend says.

I feel too young to be 29. I'm sure I'll have that same realization for the next 20 years of my life. It's all about perspective. As a five year old, 29 seems ancient. You think that at 29, everyone is a mom or dad. They have mortgages and car payments. They're able to travel on their own and don't get scared at night when they're by themselves.
When you actually turn 29, you know better. I have none of the above. Well, I have traveled on my own but I still get scared when I'm in the house by myself (I have a vivid imagination!). As for the rest of it, I have a hard enough taking care of myself and my dog so let's not push it, okay?

My sister gave me a ticket to the Bon Jovi concert in Atlanta last week. WHICH WAS AMAZING!!! There is a reason why Jon Bon Jovi is still out there performing... he's hot and he can sing and he's got this great smile. He knows it too. He really shouldn't dance but that really didn't distract me too much. Here are some pictures from the concert. We had great seats and it was SO MUCH FUN.


I'm still deciding if I'm going to turn 30 next year... I'll keep you posted!

No comments: