Monday, January 4, 2010

One Word: BOLD

"Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Like everyone else around this time of year, I'm taking a good look at the past year, what I liked, what I didn't, and what I'd like to change in the upcoming year. I've been tossing around different ideas in my head for this entry, about renewal and rebirth, change and resolutions. Everything was either too cheesy or too trite... or read like an article rejected from Reader's Digest. I just wasn't able to make it work.

Then, Shutter Sister's announced their One Word Project for this next year and I began to think about what word would represent what I wanted my behavior for the next year. I ran through a bunch of rejects there too: change, hope, promise, etc.

And then I began to think about my BIG IDEA and what reactions I might get: crazy, irresponsbile, typical, gutsy, avoidance, etc. Being me, I chose to focus on the positive reactions: gutsy, independent, courageous, etc and pick from those ideas a word which would represent the energy I feel with my idea as well as the strength it will take for me to remain confident in my plan/decision to move forward with this goal. As I tweeted a couple of days ago:

Actually my word for 2010 is BOLD as in BE BOLD. Setting forth to accomplish great things after this day football & laziness! from web

and then:

BOLD #onelittleword - for me to be bold in my choices, confident in my decision of living the my life for me, not for the approval of others from web

So there it is, my choice for 2010 in terms of reaching my goal of living nomadically after this year. Bold in my choices, bold in my actions, bold in my self-confidence to live the life I want, not the one scripted for me, and definitely not the one I'm caught up in. Next, the plan for living boldly in 2010. Because as I said on New Year's Day:

2010's going to be my year! from web

No comments: