Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Shadow and Her Dog

"I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better." - Plutarch


Getting my pup to sit beside me while I took this picture was the challenge. She's pretty well behaved other than the "stay" command so when I shifted to take the picture, she would start to move around. But after 3 or 4 tries, I got quicker.

It was such a gorgeous weekend. I enjoyed the sun and the life that comes with spring. There is nothing like the southland in the springtime.* I remember driving home from Utah late April and coming into Georgia late in the night, my windows rolled down as I could smell the spring. The lush green trees around the roads, the dampness in the air, and the sounds of spring. Nothing better and nothing that makes me feel more at home.


*Yes, I know I'm stealing from the Indigo Girls

No comments: