Friday, March 6, 2009

Why Not?

"The key to change... is to let go of fear" - Rosanne Cash

I think after I learned the word, "Why" as in

Why is the sky blue? Why do birds sing?

I learned the expression, "Why Not?"

I'm always asking "why not" in response to being told I can't do, have or change something. Just because something is always what it has been doesn't mean it's what it always should be. It's part of my personality, the stubborn part of me that doesn't think that the way we've always done something is the way it should be.

I went to a series of "Land Talks" given by several local development groups last night and change is coming. Changes in attitudes, changes in choices and change in priorities. As more people come and support, voice opinions and elect officials. The old way of thinking and planning will change.

So I guess I'll be asking less of "why not?" and "how do we do this?"

And I'll enjoy it.

No comments: