Monday, March 3, 2008

Moving Sucks

There is nothing I hate more than packing and moving... unless it's moving and unpacking. And this is how I'm choosing to spend the rest of my week. I can't believe it. Ugh. My apartment is knee-deep in boxes and packing supplies and tape. Lots of tape...

It's been a busy day, I went to my volunteer position to do a little work and say goodbye. I worked until 1PM and then cried when I went to say goodbye. I hate crying in public. I hate showing my emotions that way. And while the goodbye was sad, it was great to have the support and positive feedback I received. They were all supportive and encouraging for me to move on in my life, it was just sad too.

I remember a friend one time saying that she wished she could create her world with the people she loves the best all in the same place... anyone who has brought different areas of their life together for whatever reason knows that doesn't always work out best. But it's a great idea in theory... There are definitely some people at my last position who I'd love to take along with me.

Then I went and picked up my moving truck which is an adventure... driving myself home in that vehicle after not being an active driver for 8 months will be interesting. I've moved myself cross country several times and each time offers a different challenge. I need a safe journey home because I didn't buy the insurance for an additional $104.00 - it seemed like a rip-off to me. So cross your fingers for me!

Some friends showed up this afternoon to help me pack and say goodbye... these are girls who are firmly in my life and will be forever so although it was sad to say I was leaving, I know I'll be back and see them again. I appreciated their help packing because my brain just doesn't work well at making the most fit into a box.

You'd think after 8 cross country moves, I'd be better at this but nope, I suck. My philosophy is to cram as much as possible in there and then throw the rest of it away. It's worked so far but I own more stuff now so I needed a better plan.

So it's almost 10 o'clock and I'm tired, I've been going non-stop since 7AM and I'm ready for bed. And of course, I've already packed my external hard drive so no cruise story today because I can't get to my pictures. I'll get there, I promise.


On a side note:
In the past month, I've been told by several different people that I hide myself and it would take work to "chip away" at the layers that are in place. I was meaning to ask my BFF if she thinks it's true. I find it suprising because I see myself as an open book... I generally don't have a filter and I say what's on my mind the majority of my time. But maybe I've just been fooling myself this who time... maybe that's what I need to adjust in my life... maybe that's what's holding me back.

"There's no getting over it, you have to come through it." - I just heard this on the tv show I'm watching... interesting because the girl was trying to work through her emotions. Struck a vibe with me because I know there are things I have to work through.

Here's to not standing still!!!

No comments: