Friday, March 28, 2008

San Juan, Puerto Rico

My favorite stop along the cruise was San Juan, Puerto Rico... it is definitely a place I'm going to plan a return visit.


While in San Juan, we toured their Spanish Fort which held the island for over 600 years from foreign invasion until the early 1900s when the United States took control of the providence. The fort was really cool - 18 foot thick walls and built upon a cliff. We only had about 45 minutes to explore when it was a building that could take up a whole day so it left me wanting more.




That's my brother-in-law, Will, jumping in my picture...








After touring the fort and the Bacardi rum factory, we had the best meal of the trip. A little, local seafood resturant. Seared tuna sandwiches, fresh calamari, snapper ceviche and watermelon sangria... my stomach is getting happy just thinking about it. We all agreed that it was one of the better parts of the trip.

No comments: