Friday, May 16, 2008

One of those days...

Do you ever have one of 'those' days? One in which you just shouldn't be allowed to subject yourself to other people? You're mean, crabby, judgemental and snippy. You assume the worst, look at the negative and the glass just isn't half empty... it's lying broken on the floor where you threw it down in a fit.

I'm having one of those days... for about 3 days straight now. It's affecting my work, my body, my eating habits, my sleep, and the way my pants fit. I need someone to come along and give me a big fat kick in the pants. What to do... what to do? I'm not certain.

Just looking for motivation. I have a good life, hell, I have a great life. I'm healthy, employed, educated and unobligated to anyone but myself. I can travel and roam as I please. I have a challenging job which means something to me. I have a great family which I enjoy and I have great friends who I call family. I have no reason to complain or mope about and yet, it's all I can do this week. I need something or someone to come along and get me moving. Any volunteers?

I love doing internet searches just to see what pops up... images, references, anything that amuses and/or inspires me. When I searched "bitch" to see if I could find an image for this post. I didn't really find a good picture but I did find a quote that both shocked and inspired me, gotta love Maya Angelou. She's a straight shooter who's seen the good, the bad and the ugly. Yet, she keeps on truckin and manages to give beauty in her words back to the world. I wish I had that talent.

“I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass.” - Maya Angelou

No comments: