Monday, May 5, 2008

G.I. Lindsey

This morning at the unbearable hour of 5AM, I fell out of my bed and onto a football field for my first day of 'Get Fit' Boot Camp.

It's now 10 hours later and I hurt.

Hurt like hell.

Everytime I sit down, turn, stand up, walk, even think of climbing stairs, I ache. Granted it's been six weeks or so since I did anything consistently but I did not expect it to be this bad. I know this means that it's working and that I burned calories this morning but I'd like to breathe without feeling it in my core muscles. And my arms... we did an awful lot of push ups this morning. I suck at push ups. I'll do crunches all day long but please, no more push ups.

I do like to exercise.
I like the endorphins.
I like the way I sweat.
But I hate the first day back. Argh.


And the time... getting up that early is for the birds. Not for almost 29 year old females who have nice sheets and a dark room for slumber. I hate getting up, anytime, not just at 5am. That doesn't change the fact that I'm going on about 4 hours of sleep right now. I know I'll adjust. I just hope it's soon because I have a feeling it's going to be a very looooooooooooong week.
All I want to know is... Am I going to look like Demi at the end of the torture?

No comments: