Friday, June 6, 2008

Twitterpated

Definition of twitterpated :.
(twĭt'ər-pāt'ĕd)
1)to be completely enamored with someone/something.
2) the flighty exciting feeling you get when you think about/see the object of your affection.
3) romantically excited (i.e.: aroused)
4) the ever increasing acceleration of heartbeat and body temperature as a result of being engulfed amidst the exhilaration and joy of being/having a romantic entity in someone's life.

And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO twitterpated.

With the completely WRONG guy.

That's harsh to say but he is.

So wrong for me. He's what your mother would refer to as being from the "wrong side of the tracks" when she was in high school...

We always refer to people as being "good on paper" meaning they have all the requirements that you want in a significant other yet you aren't attracted to them. And with him, nothing seems right.

And yet, I've been counting down the minutes until I get to go hang out with him tonight.

It's still really early (we've only known each other for 4 weeks) but I really like this guy.

What does concern me is that at lunch the other day, he said: "you really are slumming with me, aren't you?"
I had no idea what he meant or what to say to him ...

I had heard the term 'slumming' before but it's not in my mental mindset to think I'm better or above someone else.

I looked it up too, according to Wikipedia:

Slumming (derived from slum) originally referred to a practice, fashionable among certain segments of the middle class in many Western countries, whereby one deliberately patronizes areas or establishments which are populated by, or intended for, people well below one's own socio-economic level, motivated by curiosity or a desire for adventure. Most often these establishments take the form of bars or restaurants in low-income areas.

In Good Will Hunting, for example, the main character uses "slumming" to describe sexual relationships between rich, well-educated girls and poorer boys, whom they might encounter around their universities.

He's a gentle guy who treats me with respect. I enjoy talking to him (and we do, for hours). He listens to me - he remembers what I've said, asks me questions about what's going on in my life and brings up past conversations. He enjoys traveling and he's a very motivated person who works hard to do a good job. He's always concerned about doing the 'right' thing. He makes me laugh and seems to enjoy me for who I am. I'm so comfortable around him. And he's really cute when he smiles at me.

Isn't that what you want in a significan other? Someone who makes you feel better just by being around them? Someone who likes you for you?

No comments: