Monday, September 15, 2008

My Daybook

I got this from one of my new favorite blogs to read: pilgrimsteps. She's a History PhD graduate student in my old California stompin' grounds, Orange County with a husband and two cute kids. She's a very talented and thoughtful writer. I thought it was a fun exercise.

I am wearing a black wrap dress over a white camisole. And impossibly high black croc heels. Of course.

I am reading a series of presidental biographies right now - I realized I didn't know much about the Johnson Administration when it was being referenced in another book so I started with him and now I'm working on Nixon. History class in school always seemed to stall out at WWII so I'm self-educating.

I am hearing Sugarland's new album and some construction noises from the warehouses behind us.

I am thankful to be moved into my new place... I still have some work to do but I'm sleeping there and it's beginning to feel like 'home'.

I am hoping for a productive work week and a good night with my DLS (he's supposed to come over after a month-long break).

I am creating a home and a life for myself in my small town. I cleaned my porches yesterday and next weekend I plan to tackle the yard. I've never done yardwork or planted flowers, etc. But I am determined to be a good tenant and neighbor and find pleasure in creating myself a place in this as an adult. I'm starting a supper club with some other 'young' people and my calendar is starting to fill up. I will be more than my job.

I am thinking about my goals... I have spoken with numerous people/advisors/mentors about where I need to go and what I need to do to get there. Now I need to decide my course, determine specific goals and a timeline, and focus on making my life be as I want it.

I have wonderful and caring parents who support and encourage me at all times. They took me to dinner last night and I had such a good time, talking and discussing events. I enjoy my relationship with them more than I can express - I enjoy them as individuals and I feel so thankful to have them as parents.

I am excited for the fall - it's my favorite time of the year! This fall is busy with weddings, babies and moving our business! I have so much I want to accomplish and I enjoy the development side of our business. I can't wait to bundle up for a football game and to feel the snap in the air as it gets colder.

1 comment:

jana said...

Thanks for playing along--it was great fun to get to know you better through your daybook :)