Saturday, December 6, 2008

Antediluvian

I am such a nerd and I freely admit that - I've gotten to the point in my life where I don't apologize for being me. And being said nerd, I love learning something new. It's what I miss most about school - the amount of new information I heard/obsorbed everyday. It's not the same in the working world.

And today, I learned a new word. So I'm a tad excited. I'm sure this is a word I should know but I didn't recognize it, even though I still caught the jist of the sentence.

ANTEDILUVIAN

Isn't that a great word? It just looks great. It's meaning isn't that great but it's an attractive word. (Told you, complete nerd).

For those of you still with me, it's meaning:
  • any of the early patriarchs who lived prior to the Noachian deluge
  • of or relating to the period before the biblical flood; "antediluvian man"
  • so extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period; "a ramshackle antediluvian tenement"; "antediluvian ideas"; "archaic laws"
  • ancient: a very old person

No comments: