Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Welcome to the World Baby Girl!!!

Or in my parents' case, the 21st Century...

It was a pleasant surprise last Friday to come home to find that my parents had redone their home phone contract to include Caller ID AND Call Waiting!!!

People, this is HUGE!!!

My Mother HATES call waiting - if you put her on hold, she will hang up on you. Or at least, she hangs up on her children. Sometimes she's a little more patient with others so she might let you get away with it once or twice before she starts hanging up on you.

But I think the real kicker is going to be watching her operate the phone when she has someone break in on the call - I kind of freaked out when it happened to me the other night. I couldn't remember which button to push ("Flash") so I hit a bunch of different ones until it came to me (please, people, my parents just got this service, it's not like it was avaliable to me growing up and I've only had a cell phone for about 8 years at this point!!!).

As for Caller ID, the whole point is to be able to see who is calling in order to decide whether or not you want to answer the phone - well, I can see there is going to be a learning curve on this one. I still hadn't convince my mom to use her voice mail in this way so I doubt she'll adjust quickly to waiting until the 2nd or 3rd ring to see who is calling.

Really, I guess the real question is how long has it been since they redid their phone contract for it now to be a part of the basic package AND why do they even still have a home phone?!?! (Those are questions for another day and another time).

No comments: