Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself

"I'm supposed to have a devastatingly impressive life before I hit thirty (and it's always 'hit thirty,' as if it's this ghastly accident that leaves you disabled for life.) I'm supposed to marry and be the perfect match for that man in wits and success while also making sure that his socks match. I'm supposed to exceed what my mother achieved but not question or doubt her choices. I'm supposed to be my father's bright, accomplished young star. I'm supposed to be competitive and driven, yet soft and feminine. I"m supposed to be... everything."

- Christine Hassler, author of 20 Something, 20 Everything

Wish I had found this sooner but since my bruises from "hitting thirty" haven't healed yet then I'm sure I can still enjoy the read.

No comments: