Monday, June 1, 2009

More House

"The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving" - Oliver Wendell Holmes



I spent the entire weekend working on my house. I sanded, primed, painted, cleaned, hung pictures, organized my closet, sanded, primed, painted and cleaned some more. It's a good feeling now but it was all I could do to make myself keep up the pace Saturday and Sunday. Especially when my friend Alyssa invited me over to layout at her pool.


But here's some of my progress:
These are the pictures hanging over my bed (a sleigh bed that I LOVE!!!). I took all of them so it adds a nice little personal touch to my room. They are black and white photos of places I've lived: Lincoln Park in Chicago, Music Row in Nashville, and the Tree that owns itself in Athens, GA. They probably wouldn't win any awards at but I love them and the look I've created over my bed.
Here's an example of the exposed brick I have through out my house. My house was originally built in 1928 and has been remodeled a couple of times (hence my 1970s blue bathroom). Fortunately, due to costs or effort, I have a couple of walls of exposed brick and I love them. This one is in my dressing room and that's the dreaded blue bathroom to the left. I hung a picture my sister Lauren painted for my brithday a couple of years ago. I love this picture.
Can you tell what it is? While it's so obvious to me, it's just abstract enough to confuse some people...

And here is what I fell in love with first... the molding over my front door. I love this detail work and the door itself. It was a total pain to paint but now it's done and I love it. The door is pretty awesome itself, heavy and solid. I'll have to take a picture of my doorknocker, it's pretty awesome.

Anyways, here's where I spent my weekend but I'm loving becoming a homebody. It's really becoming mine and I'm feeling more and more at home here.


No comments: