Sunday, June 21, 2009

Small Town Snapshot Sunday


This is the view from my old house... I love this porch, it goes across the front of the house and all around one side. As a friend of mine said the first time she came to my house, "this is a party porch". It aches to have generations sitting on the swing, steps and railings... footballs being tossed across the walk, sweet tea and cold beers being shared... you can hear the footsteps of the people who came before you when you walk across the 10 feet of original heart of pine boards. I love this porch and I loved sitting on the stoop watching my street.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Ooh, I love this porch. I have the world's TINIEST porch, no exaggeration. I wish I had a big veranda like this.

I had a great porch in college. It was pretty big and went the whole width of the house and had a porch swing. But the very BEST feature was the ceiling. The entire ceiling of the porch was painted in the style of Van Gogh's Starry Night. So lovely.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I love big porches that have swings and views. It reminds me of a time gone by when after dinner, you would all go outside to let the meal settle. You'd wave to everybody going by or your neighbor across the street. Of course, this was all pre TV! Love your porch!

It Is What It Is said...

What a great idea of painting the ceiling... I'll have to put that one on the list of 'ideas'.

I miss this porch, my new home doesn't have it, and I miss it. I told my landlord if he ever wanted to sell this house, he should call me first. Thanks for sharing this love with me.