Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Technical Difficulities

"Technology has made it possible for people to gain control over everything, except over technology" - John Tudor

I left my computer at work on Friday afternoon. My afternoon snowballed and it was 7pm before I was ready to start home and I just couldn't make myself to come back and get it. "I'll get it tomorrow" I told myself.

Then Saturday rolls around and I avoid the trip to my office. "Later," I said.

Sunday and I'm up to my elbows in primer as I attacked my kitchen cabinets. I forgot about Small Town Snapshot Sunday and my promise to myself to participate EVERY Sunday. "I'll get it tomorrow before I hit the road," since I got to another location over an hour away on Mondays. Then it was, "I'll pick it up tonight on my way back," but I didn't even turn this direction last night. I gunned it straight for home.

So I needed a break. I use my computer (as we all do) way too much for every aspect of my life. Coincidentally my phone's email application also stopped working this weekend. Whether fate or someone's greater plan... it was nice to have a forced break away from technology and communication.

No comments: