Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Love The Fool

Here's a new quote that I found in Oprah's magazine, October 2007 issue. I've had it sitting on my desk and thought it would be better to post it here before I lost it. I like the message of self love.

"I must learn to love the fool in me - the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool."

-Theodore I. Rubin, MD


I bought the book Skinny Bitch for myself on the recommendation of Karl, a personal trainer who I've been working with over the last couple of months. I'm only on Chapter five and I have to say, I don't like their style. It's written in a very straight foward and aggressive manner. I'm going to finish it, well, I finish every book I start and I'm sure there is good information in it. I'll give my final verdict when I finish the whole thing. They have a cookbook as well which might be more helpful since I'm more interested in cooking more healthy.

I talked to my mom this morning - she is at my sisters' house in Mississippi. She flew down there yesterday to babysit my nephew while my sister and brother-in-law went to the Sugar Bowl. My nephew was born on October 15th so he's 11 weeks old and is just starting to giggle. Delighting my mother and sister. I won't get to see him again until we go on a cruise the last week of February. But here are some pictures of him when we went to see Santa Claus at Christmas to tide all of us over until then. (He slept through a lot of it).









No comments: