Tuesday, January 1, 2008

le Réveillon de la Saint-Sylvestre

Happy New Years!

Here we are - we've made it another turn around the sun and I'm excited for 2008. This past year has been great becuase of changes I have made to improve my life. I am still searching for my direction and yet I feel stronger about who I am than I have in the past couple of years. Plus I'm happier which is always a good thing.

Last night was a fun party - nothing crazy but good times. Fun people, good food, great champagne and just enough cheer. My friend Jessica has an amazing apartment in the heart of Lincoln Park which was the perfect place for a great party.

As always I'm thinking about my resolutions for the upcoming year, so here it is:

BE THE PERSON I WANT TO BE - everyday I make choices, seemingly small choices without much thought. I've realized, the hard way of course, that is is those small choices which make a big impact upon shaping me as a whole person. So I am resolving to be thoughtful in the small choices and daily decisions to make sure I make better choices.

Once again I woke up to a Winter Wonderland. I live right beside Lincoln Park and the snow fall from the night coated the park and everywhere I look is a picturesque scene from a winter movie. As a kid of the south, the snow fascinates me in way I can't explain. I enjoy every moment of it, every flake that falls - I love playing in it and being out in the snow. I understand how people hate it or find it inconvient or annoying. But if it's going to be cold, I'd rather it be snowy and cold. Then at least, there's some beauty in the moment of frigidness. And being the total nerd that I am, the first snow of the season, I was out in the park, hiking around and playing in the snow. Here are some pictures from that excursion.







I love the snow but the people who running the snow... those people, I think are a little crazy. There was some sort of a footrace in the park this morning and people were out there running through the snow. Nuts. God invented treadmills for a reason.

As I'm writing this, Tennessee has just defeated Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl - that brings the SEC to 5-0 for the BCS Bowl season. If Florida defeats Michigan and Georgia beats Hawaii and LSU beats Ohio, will people finally stop arguing against the SEC? Will they finally recognize how difficult the conference is? An interesting statistic is that Ohio is 0-8 against the SEC in bowl games - they've never defeated an SEC team! I'm hoping LSU will continue this tradition. I'll continue to talk about this as the bowl week goes on and the results come in.



No comments: