Saturday, February 16, 2008

By Popular Demand

I know it's been a while since I said I was going to go to the Shedd Aquarium but I actually DID go and although I forgot my camera (DOH!), I was able to make it out of there with a couple of "decent" pictures from my phone.


I know... I know... I suck. Tell me something new.


Alright, so maybe decent is a stretch.... but this is the funny looking man statue with a giant fish outside the Shedd. I enjoyed it. Made me smile. Between the darkness of the building, the glass and the movement of the fish... the rest of them didn't turn out so well.



I was able to see the dolphin show which was highly entertaining and made me think I wanted to be a dolphin trainer (I'm so like a 6 year old kid right now as far as my vocation is concered). I got over that when they talked about how cold the water is... 55 degrees on a good day. I love the water.... in any form: lakes, pools, ponds, oceans, rivers, bathtubs. But I like it WARM. I remember having to make the kids at camp jump in the lake when I wouldn't go near it - I always felt so hypocritical about it.



So the other picture that came out since this guy was under a spotlight is the giant lizard:

He's a regular at the aquarium and I have to admit, this picture does not do him justice. He is a BIG BOY... scary almost. He was enjoying his solar light... kind of looked like a tanning bed junkie going back for more. Scales, wrinkles and all. But he turned his head and hissed at the group that I was standing with, peering in at him and we all jumped. Grown-ups included. He is a massive lizard... I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley or desert. (which ever makes more sense).



Oh!!! 1 week and counting to the cruise!!!

No comments: