Monday, February 18, 2008

No Pressure

So I go to my volunteer job today and get an email from the HR dude: "Congratulations, you've been invited to the second/final round of interviews"

Great.

They've received over 250 resumes, interviewed about 25 people, and it's now between me and this other chick. I am meeting with multiple people this Friday, including board members and volunteers. I have to impress all of them, show that I can handle interacting with different types of people, raise money, handle details, and do it while smiling and looking chic. I'm excited and I really want the job because it's the first work environment I've been excited about in a long time. I've been posturing myself for a job with this organization for about 3 months now and I want it but I'm also afraid of it. This always happens when I want something and I feel as though I have no control over it. This happened last November with a different job - it came down to what her father did, no joke. Finding a job and going through this process is very challenging. It affects my self esteem and my motivation. It's hard to keep going. And now I have to put myself up for rejection again and do it with grace and a smile.

No Pressure.

So we'll see what happens... I'll keep you posted.

PS. 5 days until I'm lying out in the sun!

No comments: