Thursday, February 21, 2008

I see the moon...

And the moon sees me.

I hope you were able to see the moon that I saw last night. I walked into my bedroom in the early evening, around 7PM or so. And into this beautiful sight...

Definitely was one of those moments when I wished I knew how to use a camera because I did not do the image justice. I was hoping someone was around with a better camera and more skill than I because the moon was dramatic over Lake Michigan, lighting up the sky and water. Lakeshore Drive traffic is seen in my picture. I'm not doing it justice. I was battling distance, flashes, windows and lack of skill. But it was amazing.

It was breathtaking - it's rare when I'm speechless and the beauty of the moon last night was amazing. I stood at my window for about 30 minutes, trying to capture the image and reveling in it's prescence.

"Life is filled with so many exciting twists and turns. Hop off the straight and narrow whenever you can and take the winding paths. Experience the exhilaration of the view from the edge. Because the moments spent there, that take your breath away, are what make you feel truly alive." - Stacey Charter

Oh! 48 hours and counting until I hit the open sea!!!

No comments: