Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Life Goes On...

I was amazed today to discover they have snow days here in Illinois, I thought kids who grew up here never got to experience the joy, the amazing sweetness, the undescribable jubilation an 8 year old can feel when their mother utters the words, "snow day" to them when waking them up to play outside in the glorious whiteness.

Of course, in Georgia, we still had to get up at 7AM to actually experience the snow becuase it would all be gone by noon. But that's an entirely different story.

Although, the girls I work with at my volunteer position quickly explained snow days up here were days too dangerous to be outside. Storms, extremely low temperatures, etc. Scared me a little too - made me glad I had brought my down coat and hat with me. We're supposed to get about a foot of snow... I know this isn't a weather blog but it's what's fascinating me right now. So... well, it's what you're getting right now. Forgive my selfishness.

I am officially starting a countdown until I leave for Miami to meet my family for a 6 day cruise to the Virgin Islands. It's my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary and the whole family will be together on a cruise ship... I hope it's big enough! So we are at 16 days until we sat sail! So exciting... now if I could only find my charger for my camera.

No comments: